“You boys were eight and ten years old last time Alabama was on top. That was before any of you were paying much attention to it. What are you doing here? Tell me why you are here. If you are not here to win a national championship, you're in the wrong place. You boys are special. I don't want my players to be like other students. I want special people. You can learn a lot on the football field that isn't taught in the home, the church, or the classroom. There are going to be days when you think you've got no more to give and then you're going to give plenty more. You are going to have pride and class. You are going to be very special. You are going to win the national championship for Alabama.”
by Paul "Bear" Bryant - The Bear in his first meeting with his first team at Alabama, 1958.
- ESPN’s Merril Hoge: AJ McCarron is ‘underrated’, Tre Mason will make transition to NFL
- College Football Playoff committee keeps its proposed recusal policy to itself for now
- Report: 4-star QB Jauan Jennings committing Monday, saw Nick Marshall parallels during 1st Auburn visit
- Charlotte NFTC: Top DB Performers
- Perry May Be Back In Nick Of Time