“The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days. The football coach has a captive audience and can teach these lessons because the communication lines between himself and his players are more wide open than between kids and parents. We better teach these lessons or else the country's future population will be made up of a majority of crooks, drug addicts, or people on relief.”
Paul W. "Bear" Bryant
- The Biggest Myths Surrounding the Alabama Football Program
- Alabama Hires Former Patriots TE Coach Brian Daboll as Offensive Coordinator
- Fired HS Coach Who Banned Nick Saban: 'I Guess Nick Saban Won This Round'
- Louisiana HSFB Coach Bans Alabama from Campus, Says School Is Not Ethical
- Lester Cotton Arrested: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction on Alabama OL