“I'll never forget going to the Rose Bowl. I remember everything about it. We were on the train and Coach Thomas was talking to three coaches and Red Heard, the athletic director at LSU. Coach Thomas said, Red, this is my best football player. This is the best player on my team.' Well, shoot, I could have gone right out the top. He was getting me ready. And I was, too. I would have gone out there and killed myself for Alabama that day.”
Paul "Bear" Bryant
- SEC: Crimson Tide stumbles in Sugar Bowl
- Was 2014 Season a Failure for Alabama Crimson Tide?
- How Lane Kiffin’s Play-Calling Cost Alabama Shot at National Championship
- Alabama No Longer the Team to Beat in College Football
- Sugar Bowl: Liberated Buckeyes knock out Alabama, And Urban Meyer Avenges A 2009 Loss To Nick Saban