“The game demonstrated the superiority of the Southern teams over any aggregation that the damn yankees could send across the Mason and Dixon Line.”
Published in the Philadelphia Bulletin after the Tide's 61-6 win over Syracuse in the 1953 Orange Bowl.
- SEC: Crimson Tide stumbles in Sugar Bowl
- Was 2014 Season a Failure for Alabama Crimson Tide?
- How Lane Kiffin’s Play-Calling Cost Alabama Shot at National Championship
- Alabama No Longer the Team to Beat in College Football
- Sugar Bowl: Liberated Buckeyes knock out Alabama, And Urban Meyer Avenges A 2009 Loss To Nick Saban