TUSCALOOSA, Alabama – Former Alabama wide receiver Tyrone Prothro’s testimony Wednesday at the Ed O’Bannon trial lasted just a little more than an hour but its impact continues to resonate across the Internet.
Plenty of national writers on the scene in Oakland, California, tweeted the play-by-play as it unfolded. Our columnist Kevin Scarbinsky says Prothro is the “perfect witness” to show that the NCAA’s economic model is “broken.”
Here’s a sampling of what others wrote.
- Ex-Alabama star says he still owes $10,000 in student loans
- Ex-Alabama WR Tyrone Prothro: ‘I want to see change for the future’
- Cash stream rolls right by the athletes
- O’Bannon trial Day 3: Judge has plenty of questions
- Former ‘Bama hero speaks of surgery horrors at O’Bannon trial
- Former Alabama WR Tyrone Prothro gives telling testimony during O’Bannon trial
New York Times
- In Testimony Against N.C.A.A., Economics Professor Suggests Players Should Be Paid
Football, Tyrone Prothro
“Don't talk too much or too soon.”
© 2014 - Crimson Tide Zone - Log in